Monday, December 03, 2007

hdr gordo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is another shot from the weekends adventure.
We haden't even really got to shooting yet but the light was so good in tim hortons that i had to run out to the car and get my camera. I put the camera in liveview to test it out and took three bracketed images handheld. I am posting the original files under this text so you can see them also.
I opened the images in photoshop just to knock them down to 8bit files (i had the camera set to 14bit) and saved them as jpegs.
I processed the three images two seperate times in photomatix and then stripped them together in photoshop. The reason i did this was that i liked his face and background in one of the trials and his hands and body in another. I just dragged one image onto the other and used a layer mask to do the work.
I am not giving my photomatix slider info just because it never seems to be written in stone. Just play with the sliders.
I wanted this look by the way in photomatix even though you may be screaming overprocessed. Gordo is truly a cartoonish figure and i felt the effect was needed.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Crazy Neighbor said...

Rob I added your blog to my favorites but now looking through your pictures I find I have a million questions, like how did you do that. Your pictures are amazing! I think now that Betty was right, you didn’t need a new camera because these pictures are perfect.