Wednesday, October 15, 2008

4000asa hockey

Photobucket
I haven't posted in at least a week and it feels like forever. I hit another busy stretch but that should level out soon enough.
I just wanted to throw up a quick image of hockey action. I shot this with the nikon d700 at 4000asa. The speed was needed as i was shooting through the glass (dirty) which takes away about one stop.
I shot the image in raw, uncompressed, and at 14 bit.
You can see lots of grain in the high res image but it holds up pretty good, especially compared to the d2x which would have added huge gobs of color noise.
The only thing i did in photoshop was a quick curve to lessen the cyan cast in the whites and i used the sharpen tool on all the logos on his jersey. The rule is to use the sharpen tool on any text or shiny things, like jewelery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice!! I'm going to have to try that with the Mark III it goes up to 6400 now and I tried out 3200 in the Main gym. Wasn't bad. Still noise in the shadows but if you were in some light there was nothing.