Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Spa Club

 photo ROB_2872-3finalcropsm_zpsf7fc4d9c.jpg Over the years i have done many shots for the spa club in fredericton so i can say from experience that they are awesome. Go there and spend some money and you will leave beautiful and happy. For the group photo the lobby was by far the best location. We moved furniture around and quickly placed people as the phone rang, and then rang again. I set up two portable flashes with medium sized umbrellas and shot at f5.6. I tell you this because i should have shot at f8 or f11. I am still getting used to the nikon d800 as i find the depth of field somewhat shallow in comparison to the other nikon cameras. All those megapixels must have something to do with that. I also used a very slow shutter speed to bring up the ambient light and provide more warmth to the background. Because of this i used a tripod, which is very rare for me. I photoshopped it a bit, and then a bit more and placed a vignette on and was finished and also happy.

No comments: